Legal Online Blackjack In The United States
Blackjack.legal #1 Guide To Playing Online Blackjack Legally In The U.S.
Blackjack is one of the most popular table games available in both brick-and-mortar and online casinos. USA players often utilize the latter when there are no land-based casinos in close proximity, but there are other incentives to playing blackjack on a digital platform. This page has information regarding legal online blackjack for US players. You will have a firm grasp on how to play online blackjack legally in the United States, how to securely fund your accounts and which sites in the industry are considered to be the most trusted.
Legal US Online Blackjack Sites For 2023
The following blackjack sites are licensed offshore and can legally accept American players. The sites we list are some of the worlds leading online gambling brands with excellent reputations for being trustworthy and honest. By playing with largest and most respected sites that have proven themselves to be legitimate, you are guaranteed to receive fast payouts, fantastic 24/7 support, attractive bonuses and an overall pleasant BJ experience. Get an extra bonus at any of the blackjack sites below when you use Bitcoin as your deposit method.
|Site Name||BJ Bonus||U.S.||Visit Site|
|100% Max $3,000||PLAY NOW|
|200% Max $1,000||PLAY NOW|
|500% Max $5,000||PLAY NOW|
|100% Max $2,000||PLAY NOW|
7 Things You Need To Know About Playing Online Blackjack In The United States
- Residents from all 50 states have access to online black jack through sanctioned offshore gambling sites
- Most US friendly legal blackjack casinos offer similar deposit methods consisting of credit and debit cards, cryptocurrencies and bank/money transfers.
- You can try free play games before depositing real money
- Players have access to blackjack bonuses, though you should always check the fine print for rollover requirements, minimum deposit requirements, etc.
- Online gambling winnings are expected to be reported for tax purposes in most states
- Fair play is guaranteed through the use of RNG (random number generator) technology
- The house edge can be reduced to 1% through the use of proper blackjack strategy
What To Look For In A Legitimate And Trustworthy Online Blackjack Site
- Licensing and regulation – sites should have online gambling licenses from a respected government and be regulated by the corresponding gaming commission
- Security profile – a legitimate online bj site will have a strong security profile that uses data encryption to safeguard your personal and financial information
- Customer support – look for a customer service team that is available 24/7 through multiple channels (email, phone, live chat)
- Game Selection – a strong online blackjack site will have several game types, including tournaments and mobile capabilities
- Bonuses – bonuses are financial perks that grant players additional funds at no extra cost to players
The Legality Of Playing Online Blackjack In The U.S.
In the United States of America, there are 3 factors to consider when discussing legality: federal law, state law and financial restrictions. Review our table to learn about how each affects the legal online blackjack market.
Federal Wire Act
- The Federal Wire Act was passed in the 60s and intended to thwart illegal sports betting
- Congress attempted to apply it all forms of online gambling, but the DOJ issued a formal opinion deeming it only pertain to sports betting
- Decision to host online gambling was left up to individual states as a result
- Does not make gambling through licensed offshore providers illegal
Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA)
- Federal restrictions on banks and financial institutions and how they process gambling related transactions
- Does not make online gambling illegal (with licensed sites)
- Does not target individual players
- Limits available financial transaction methods
- Per the DOJ’s formal opinion, individual states can decide if they want to host US-based online gambling
- Residents permitted to use licensed offshore gambling sites
- States have the option of launching online casinos (with blackjack)
What Does Online Blackjack Look Like?
Online black jack utilizes gambling software to replicate the brick-and-mortar table experience. Players will see a 3D rendering of a blackjack table with all the same aesthetics. You may even see a camera feed into an actual casino Live Dealers.
You can access online blackjack games using any of these devices: Picture of computer, smartphone and tablet.
Legitimate online blackjack sites will have several variations of the game of 21 available. This gives players the chance to try something new and mix up their bj action.
- Classic Blackjack
- Classic Single Deck Blackjack
- Double Deck Blackjack
- European Blackjack
- Perfect Pairs
- Single Deck Blackjack
- Early-Payout Blackjack
- Zappit Blackjack
- Live Dealer Blackjack
Funding Your Online Blackjack Account
Thanks to the UIGEA, US players have somewhat limited options when it comes to making deposits and withdrawals with online blackjack sites. Below are some of the most common methods available. Each method comes with its own minimum/maximum limits and possible fees.
Popular Deposit Methods
- Credit/Debit Cards – Visa, MasterCard, Amex
- Bitcoin – “Most Popular For US Players”
- Wire transfers
- Money orders
- Cashier’s check
Popular Withdrawal Options
- Wire transfers
- Checks by courier
Bonuses are part of what makes the online experience so unique! Think of them as financial incentives that reward you for playing. Below are a few examples of bonuses you may encounter:
- Welcome Bonuses – a match bonus on your initial deposit. For example, you may be granted a 100% match up to $500 to be used in the casino
- Reload Bonuses – these bonuses are usable on subsequent deposits and are used as player retention incentives.
- Special Promotions – these fluctuate throughout the year and can apply to tournaments, weekly/monthly leaderboard challenges and more
- Comp Points & Rewards Programs – points and/or tier status are accrued with each game played. Comp points are part of sites’ VIP rewards tier system; the more you play, the more you earn!